Sunday, May 9, 2010

Nashville Flood Week One









The flooding of middle Tennessee hadn't personally effected me since I live on high ground. All around me, though, is the Harpeth River and the Cumberland is less than 2 miles away. I see the devastation up-close and daily. I spent Thursday walking one street of a severely hit area just soaking the experience all in. There is nothing that can really bring the enormity or reality of the situation into focus as to being there personally. Friday I returned to the same street to sling a stick - doing my part in demolition. I can't just take pictures I have to give something back.

Walking down the streets of the flood destroyed areas of Nashville is like going into some weird world. Above are a few things I've seen this past week.

No comments: